With fashions changing constantly, it is sometimes hard to keep up with which trends are in and which are out. Wearing last year’s colors is a faux pas that is easily understandable and forgivable, but some wardrobe missteps are not so simple to overlook. Most of these problems can be easily avoided when you know what to look for. Here’s a list of fashion don’ts that will never be in style.
- Socks with sandals This look is never attractive. In fact, man or woman, it will always make you look dorky, like you’re not sure if it’s winter or summer. The same goes for hose and sandals or peep toe shoes. You don’t want to look like you have webbed toes, do you?
- Wearing clothes that are too big, too long or too baggy Unless you make your living singing hip hop, you look silly wearing clothes that look they don’t belong to you. Not only that, if you are ever forced to run for your life, you could be in immediate danger. Those extra-long baggy pants will never allow you to make a fast get away.
- Wearing clothes that are too tight, too short or too small Camel toe is never pretty and pants that are too tight are the creators of this unattractive phenomenon. On the other hand, If you are going for the geeky look, pants that are too short will help you create that effect. Want to look like you work the streets for a living? Then wear shorts that are too short, tops that expose too much or dresses that cling in all the wrong spots. Wearing a too snug button front blouse that allows your bra to play peek-a-boo with the world is also a no-no.
- Visible panty lines This definitely falls into the tacky category. A thong is one solution to the problem, but not if it is visible above the waist of your pants.
- Exposed bra straps It really doesn’t matter how pretty your bra is. Bra straps that are sliding down your shoulders or peeking from beneath narrow shirts are not attractive.
- Black socks with white shoes or vice versa This one seems pretty self-explanatory.
- Too much bling An overabundance of jewelry or an excess of embellishments on your clothing makes you look like you’re a dinner plate buried beneath the garnishes. None of the items stand out as being particularly special and you usually look gaudy or overdressed no matter what the occasion.
- Always wearing sneakers Some people have decided that it’s okay to wear sneakers with almost anything short of formal wear. Wait, that’s been done, too. There are other shoes that are comfortable and look much more chic than those chunky sports shoes. Why not try a driving moccasin, soft ballet slipper or a stylish pair of kitten heeled pumps?
- Wearing underwear that is visible beneath other clothing Whether it’s a black bra under an ivory shirt or red panties under white slacks, this look is sure to make you look like you are either blind or simply have no taste at all.