Wooden fences are a common sight in many neighbourhoods. These attractive structures can be customized to fit any landscape or home. They offer unique features that appeal to many consumers. Below are eight reasons why wood fences continue to be a popular addition to residential yards.
1. Durable: Wood is one of the most durable materials around. It can withstand the harshest weather conditions that can occur. High winds, torrential rains and extreme temperatures cannot harm the wood. With proper installation and regular sealing, your wood fence should remain beautiful and sturdy for many years to come.
2. Natural: One advantage wood has over other fence materials is that it is a natural product. Many homeowners like the way wood blends into their yard and landscaping. Wood complements the natural components of your yard. Many homeowners associations (HOAs) require wood fences because they blend in well with their surroundings.
3. Customizable: One of the best features of wood is that it can be cut and designed to fit any area. This makes it a good choice for homeowners who have an irregular or uneven property to the fence. Wood offers a lot of design flexibility, so a qualified contractor can create a custom fence that meets or exceeds your expectations. Whether your yard is large or small, a wood fence can be designed to fit your space and enhance your home’s curb appeal.
4. Safe: When a wood fence is properly installed, it is virtually impossible to knock over or damage. You will have peace of mind knowing that your children, pets and loved ones are safe and secure in your yard. In addition, a solid wood fence acts as a deterrent to thieves and trespassers looking for their next victim.
5. Repairable: If storm damage or any other problem occurs to your fence, the damaged area can be easily repaired or replaced without affecting the rest of the fence.
6. Beautiful and Timeless: A classic wooden fence has an elegant and timeless look. It never goes out of style and will match any home. The natural quality of the wood and the right stain will keep your fence looking beautiful all year round. It can also be painted if you prefer colour to the natural look.
7. Expandable: It is very easy to expand an existing wooden fence and make it longer. Homeowners can connect their fence to their neighbour’s existing fence so that their yard is safely enclosed.
8. Affordable: Wood fences are more affordable than you think. The initial cost is usually lower than vinyl. Talk to a fence professional in your area for exact prices.
Proper installation is essential for an attractive, long-lasting fence. Be sure to work with a fence contractor who has plenty of experience designing and installing wood fences. He should also be able to give you tips on maintenance to improve the appearance and longevity of your fence.
A new fence is a big investment. If properly cared for, it can increase the function and value of your home. Take the time to consider your options before choosing a wood fence or any other type of fence. Make sure you know what you need to do to keep your fence sturdy and looking good for years to come.