Pregnancy is an exciting period for women. To become a mom is a natural feeling; therefore, they endure all challenges with smiley faces. Your body goes through hormonal and physical changes during pregnancy. Among all organs, skin experiences dramatic changes, and your skin is your largest organ. And skin tone determines your appearance and well-being. You would notice various scars, spots, and imperfections appearing on your skin during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. After delivery, stretch marks begin to appear on the skin. Thus, you need a skin product that focuses on stretch marks; this could be Bio-Oil.
What is Bio-Oil?
Bio-Oil is a skincare product formulated as a combination of plant oils and crucial vitamins that work as antioxidants. These oils and vitamins work together to recover healthy skin and remove or diminish skin issues like balance skin tone, scars, stretch marks, imperfections, skin dryness, and aging.
Europe is the first to manufacture bio-oil, spreading it worldwide and getting colossal praises. Bio-oil is also known as “specialist skin treatment” and is an effective remedy to remove or lower stretch marks.
Can you use Bio-Oil while breastfeeding
It’s true; bio-oil is not prepared, especially for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Many products are under debate concerning their safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The use of bio-oil while breastfeeding is not clear.
The companies claim that their products are 100% pure and safe for use while breastfeeding. In the United States, the Food and Drug Authority disagrees with using skin products while breastfeeding. Thus, FDA classified the products according to their safety. Bio-oil standing in the C category indicates that bio-oil is safe, but its side effects are unknown.
On a different topic, one of the most crucial supplements breastfeeding and pregnant women need to take is methylfolate. Doctors usually recommend methylfolate 2.5 mg to women who are pregnant and after pregnancy as well. This supplement is very important and can help women go through pregnancy with a healthy lifestyle.
Bio-oil composition matters; if it contains retinol (vitamin A) ingredient, you must avoid that type of oil. Because most dermatologists agree retinol-based beauty products should be neglected during pregnancy as well as while breastfeeding. You can use bio-oil free from retinol compounds, parabens, preservatives, phytoestrogens, phthalates, and steroids. Again, you should talk to your doctor before using any Bio-Oil.
Ingredients of Bio-Oil
Bio-oil consists of many natural oils and vitamins that can be;
- Vitamin A; Improve skin texture, elasticity, and tone. Ameliorates wound healing, removes wrinkles, and protects you from solar UV radiation. Bio-oil contains vitamin A and is safe in normal conditions but is not recommended during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- Calendula oil; is a potential anti-inflammatory agent used to heal wounds and stimulate the skin cells’ growth.
- Vitamin E; Recover the skin’s moisture content and make them smoother, softer, and hydrated.
- Rosemary oil; Rosemary has antioxidant, antifungal, and antibacterial properties used to heal wounds, offer skin invigoration, and mild antiseptic effects.
- Lavender oil; Lavender is a natural antiseptic and offers you calming and soothing effects.
- Chamomile oil; is used to eliminate skin irritation, wounds, and burns. You may feel calm and soothes.
These bio-oils are suitable for the skin. They remove skin scars and stretch marks and hydrate your skin. You can use any natural bio-oils but avoid vitamin A (retinol) containing bio-oil while breastfeeding.
Bio-oil is a natural skin product that offers multiple functions. After delivery, your skin starts to look dry and rough, and stretch marks appear on certain skin areas. Bio-oil is a special skin treatment that may help you make your skin healthy and recover its glow. You can apply any bio-oil, and it must be free from retinol and preservatives.