Today everybody is fond of colouring their hair. And why not, since it makes us look so good and feel so confident. But one common concern always remains. For how long the new colour will remain on hair. The easiest way out is to go for a permanent hair colour. But what about its harmful consequences? That’s why people are nowadays opting for herbal colour protective shampoos. A colour protective shampoo won’t just darken your hair colour, but also cleanse, condition and nutrition your hair roots and scalp.
Benefits of a good colour protective shampoo:
- Hydrates and nourishes—Frequent application of hair colour can make your hair dull and harsh. A organic and natural conditioning shampoo with no sulphates in it, can keep your hair superbly conditioned and hydrated for the long run.
- Sulphate-free—Indus Valley colour protective shampoo should always be sulphate-free as sulphates damage the hair colour pigments. So, if it’s sulphate-free, it would ensure that the colour stays for longer. A conditioning shampoo for hair cannot make the colour stay for an indefinite period of time. It can, at the most, darken it up so much that it lasts for a couple of weeks more. The natural shine of hair also stands enhanced.
- Chemical-free: The best conditioning shampoo for hair are the ones which have zero chemicals. Natural and organic ingredients help in making the hair strong and maintain the newness of hair colours.
- Protection against external damages: The best conditioning shampoo for hair will not only protect the hair colour but it will also protect your hair from damages caused by pollution and the environment like dirt, the sun’s UV rays, etc.
Now for some tips to follow while using the colour protective shampoo mentioned above to help your hair colour last longer:
- Wash less: No, we are not asking you to stop washing your hair altogether once the hair colour has been applied. All you have to do is avoid continuous washing of your hair as much as possible so that the hair colour lasts longer.
- No hot showers: Hot showers remove hair colour faster. So, try washing with normal tap water or cold water. This would also strengthen the hair roots, as hot water tends to loosen up the roots.
- Always cover your hair: It is important to cover the hair whenever you move out, especially during daytime, so that the hair colour remains protected from the harmful sun rays.
- Thermal protectants: Always apply thermal protectants before you use the hair styling tools so that your hair as well as the hair colour is protected from the heat coming out of the machines.
- Avoid chemicals: Any type of chemical can cause harm not only to the hair colour but also to your hair quality. Avoid using strong chemical shampoos and synthetic oils, and drop the swimming pool from your schedule, since swimming pools have chlorine mixed in their water.
Hair colours can be temporary, semi-permanent, semi-permanent or permanent. The temporary hair colours wash away with the slightest sweat, water or rain. Semi-permanent hair colours stay for a couple of weeks, while semi-permanent hair colours stay for up to 5 weeks. Only permanent hair colours change the colour of hair completely, lasting for months on end. You should also check out the reviews of verified customers and influencers before buying. And, last but not least, always go through the ingredient list very carefully.
Read More : The 7 Benefits Of Yoga And Meditation
We recommend that you grab an organic colour protective shampoo or conditioning shampoo for hair and use an organic hair colour with no worries. Add your comments below to add to this discussion.