As firms operate in the digitally-transforming business landscape and move towards housing their data from all sources in a cloud based platform, IT professionals are concerned about security, governance, and compliance challenges. In addition, they are concerned that extremely sensitive corporate information and intellectual property could be compromised due to unintentional leaks or more sophisticated cyber assaults.
The solution to this challenge and many others comes from cloud security.
What is cloud security?
Cloud computing is the supply of hosted services over the Internet, including software, hardware, and storage. It has become nearly universal among enterprises of all sizes, frequently as part of a hybrid/multi-cloud infrastructure architecture, due to rapid deployment, flexibility, minimal up-front costs, and scalability. Cloud security is the technology, rules, controls, and services that safeguard cloud data, applications, and infrastructure from threats.
Cloud security is nothing but a set of security measures safeguarding cloud-based infrastructure, applications, and data. These safeguards ensure user and device authentication, data and resource access management, and data privacy protection. In addition, they also help with regulatory adherence.
Because most businesses are currently adopting cloud computing by storing their data on a cloud based platform, using cloud document management, or employing such solutions in some way or another, cloud security is crucial. Maintaining strong cloud security infrastructure allows businesses to reap the following benefits of cloud computing:
- Lower initial expenses
- Reduce operational and administrative costs in the long run
- Simple yet effective scalability
- Enhance availability and dependability
- A completely new method of operating and functioning business
What is the importance of cloud security?
Cloud security empowers businesses to achieve better results by being:
- Fast: deploying security measures within minutes
- Frictionless: integrating security into the existing system, business processes, and operational teams
- Scalable: enabling firms to use automation to remove manual procedures and break the resourcing model of adding staff
- Proactive: preventing security problems from occurring in the first place, whether they are unintentional or malicious
- Budget–friendly: preventing the added expenditures of redoing work and baking in security from the start.
How to choose an appropriate cloud service provider?
When it comes to cloud based platform solutions, you need reliable vendors who put security and compliance first. The following are five characteristics to look for in a cloud solution:
- Look for providers with built-in security safeguards to avoid concerns like unauthorized access, data leaking, and theft.
- Look for robust authentication mechanisms that support both internal and external users to secure correct access through strong passwords and multi-factor authentication.
- Confirm that all data can be encrypted at rest and in transit.
- Ensure that the system provides administrators with a single unified view of all user activities, as well as all shared content both internally and externally, as well as threat detection.
- Look for consistent adherence and compliance features like cloud document management, eDiscovery, legal holds, and lifecycle management capabilities.
Needl is a cloud based platform that assists businesses in meeting the increasing demand, complexity, and importance of data security while scaling the exponential growth in data volume and demand. In addition, Needl makes collecting, storing, and processing data effortless by compiling all of your data in a single repository, facilitating knowledge sharing within the organization.