In order to complete the selection process for joining the Indian army, it is very important to clear medical examination tests. Mostly the physical standards required in the candidates almost remain the same in the Indian Army. But when the talk comes about the territorial army, there are some differences in medical and physical standards.
The selection of the soldiers in the Territorial Army is different from any other entry in the Indian army. The selection of the soldiers in the Territorial Army Exam is done directly based on what is called Direct Bharti in the Indian Army. The candidate needs to clear a written examination test to qualify for the physical fitness test. All the candidates will be selected for further proceedings as per the physical fitness test. Once the candidates qualify for the physical fitness test, further activities are undertaken accordingly.
Physical Eligibility Criteria to Join Terrritorial Army
Here is the list of physical eligibility criteria for Territorial Army which is required to be part of the Indian Territorial Army India. Let’s have a look at them.
- The minimum height for every candidate to apply for the Indian territorial army is 157 cm.
- The weight of the candidate should be according to the height.
- The body of the candidate should not carry any genetic disease like color or night blindness, gynecomastia, joint knees, etc. Take the best estrogen blocker to get rid of gynecomastia and take your mental and physical performance to new levels.
- There should be a well-developed chest of minimum expansion of 5 cm for the candidate to qualify.
- The elbow should not be turned in the outer direction for more than 15 degrees.
- All the joints and bones of the candidate should be completely fine.
- If there is any severe body fracture or bodily injury can cause permanent rejection.
Eyesight for Territorial Army
Aprt from having the required physical eligibility criteria for Territorial Army, a andidate should also have ther perfect eyesight. Here is the list of eyesight requirements to apply in the Territorial Army. Let’s have a look at them.
- The eyesight of the candidate must be 6/6 without any glasses.
- In case the candidate is wearing glasses, it should not be worse than 6/12
- There should not be any case of colour blindness or night blindness to the candidate.
- There are certain limits for myopia and hypermetropia. For myopia limit is 0.75D and for Hypermetropia limit is +1.5D.
In case the candidate does not have the required eyesight. There is no need to worry about it as the candidate can get Lasik surgery which will help in correcting eyesight.
There are also dental check-ups for the territorial army. These are very common tests that have very little to almost no chance of rejection. The candidate just needs to have full growth of teeth set and this is fine to clear this check-up.
Every candidate needs to undergo a medical examination to be part of Territorial Army India. Here are some of the tests that need to be undertaken. Let’s have a look at them.
- Blood test
- Urine test
- Liver problem check
- Ultrasound for kidney stones
- Chest X-ray for lungs
All these tests might sound a lot but all of them are very necessary just to get through procedure and present to be perfectly fine for all the physical activities. In case any person gets rejected in any of the medical examination tests but still, the person can reapply for the Indian territorial army. But if a further person is rejected, it might a permanent rejection and the person cannot apply again for any post in the Indian territorial army.
If you are a person that wants to join the Indian army, it is highly recommended to stay fit so that there is no problem faced during the selection procedure. A minor mistake of the person can result in ruining the dreams of the person to be a part of the great Indian army.