Hair Transplantation is a process where the dermatologist restores the hair follicles to the bald area of the scalp. The hair transplant procedure starts from the backside to the front side of the scalp. Although, if you are having hair fall and want to restore hair, you can consult with the expert of Hair Transplant in Jaipur for the treatment. This article will know the types, procedures, benefits, side effects, and recovery.
Types of Hair Transplantation
The two methods are used for hair transplantation: FUT and FUE.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- In this method, a surgeon cut down a strip of hair from the scalps.
- After that, it will be closed with stitches.
- Now, the surgeon removes the area of your scalp into micro sections by using a magnifying lens and a surgical knife. When implanted, these small sections will help to fulfill natural-looking hair growth.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
It is a process where the hair follicles remove by using needles from the backside of the scalp.
- The doctor creates tiny holes with a needle on the scalp for the hair transplant, and then they place the hairs in these tiny holes.
- During one session, a doctor may transplant 100s to 1000s of hairs.
- After the transplantation, the surgeon covers the scalp with a bandage.
The Procedure of Hair Transplantation
- A tube-like tool punches round grafts at the donor site to place them in the scalp area required.
- Once the skin beneath the hair has stretched sufficiently, the graft is placed on the bald spot surgically.
- At flap Surgery time, a section of baldness is cut down from the scalp, and a flap is stitched into its place.
- The pattern or method used for scalp reduction varies widely; they all achieve the goal of bringing hair and scalp jointly to cover bald spots.
Result: After the transplant surgery, the new hair can boost your happiness and self-confidence.
Benefits of Hair Transplant
Doctors recommend medicines and treatments, but they are temporary hair solutions. Hair transplantation restores hair follicles from one head area to the bald spot and is a permanent treatment.
People with bald scalp feel low in confidence which also affects their relationships. Hair transplantation can help restore the hair on the area of baldness naturally.
Low maintenance is a personal benefit of hair treatment. The patient has to use medicated shampoos or conditioners regularly in this process.
After the hair transplantation treatment, the hair looks as natural as before.
It is a more cost-effective treatment than the others restoration treatment.
Side Effects of Hair Transplant
After completing the transplant procedure, the doctor recommends the pain medicines. Also, it takes time to hair growth after the treatment; at that period, some people can lead to several side effects.
Bleeding is the common side effect of transplantation. Regular bleeding can require stitching on it.
The side effect of scalp infection on transplantation is probably rare. It occurs in one out of thousands of cases.
Thinning Of Hair Girth
This phenomenon occurs after successful surgery, and also the unaffected region could suffer from the thinning of hair.
Itching is the most common side effect of hair transplantation. It occurs in three out of ten patients, and the reason for itchy scalp is the occurrence of scabs, which can be easily removed by doing shampoo regularly. Also, there are moisturizing oils that help to remove the itches.
Scarring occurs when patients go for the strip hair transplantation method. By taking proper treatment, you can efficiently deal with this side effect.
Cysts occur if the patient experiences damage to the scalp due to the pushing of follicles deeply into the layers. It is also can be treated by taking the proper medicines.
It has been tested that Hiccups can occur in 5 out of 100 patients. For the treatment, consult with the doctor. Also, it can happen for several days.
Pain is also a side effect of hair transplantation, and it is a temporary side effect. It can be treated by taking medicines.
Swelling is also a side effect of hair transplantation. It occurs in the areas of the forehead and eyes. Also, it may take a couple of days or more the recovery.
Recovery of Hair Transplant
The recovery of transplantation depends on the patient. Most people can recover in seven days, and many of them take two weeks in rehab. Patients have to wait for around twelve months for proper hair growth for the best results.
In this article, you have learned about hair transplants. It takes time to recover hair after the transplantation. If you see side effects on the scalp after the treatment, then you can contact the doctor for the solution.