Canon printers are known for their excellent printing services and special features all over the world. However, there are times when Canon users encounter problems with their printing devices. And sometimes, it leads to resetting the device. In addition, due to the development of the technical system and user interface of the device day by day. Users are also facing confusion with the printer reset process. Now, if you are a Canon printer user and looking for information about the device reset process, you will get instructions on all your Canon printer reset methods.
What are the methods to reset your Canon printer?
The different methods to canon printer reset are given by,
Canon Printer Power Reset:
Even though the power reset is a soft reset type, it still puts your Canon device back up and running normally. The steps are given by,
- First, turn off the Canon printer, then disconnect the power cord from the direct power source.
- Then make sure your device is completely disconnected. Now plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet, and then connect it to the Ethernet cable.
- Finally, try a test print to see if the issue is resolved on your Canon device.
Resetting printer ink Canon:
Canon printers, such as inkjet printers, have a great built-in chip that alerts the user about the need to refill the cartridge when the cartridge is old or empty. But resetting the cartridges by another method can help you better. Here’s how to reset Canon printer ink and bring your printing device back to its normal working state.
- First, remove the ink cartridge of the Canon printing device and then insert it into the main slot of the ink reset mechanism.
- It is necessary to make sure that the chip on the cartridge is in good working order and that it is in good contact with the plate on the resetter.
- At this time, hold the cartridge gently for a few seconds until you see the LED on the chip resetter blink, hold the cartridge lightly until the light is steady, then you will need to remove the cartridge from the chip resetter again.
You can repeat this process for the cartridge you want to reset. Finally, install the cartridge in your Canon printer and see if the problem is resolved.
How do you reset my Canon printer to factory settings?
A hard reset can help you bring your canon printer back to factory settings.
- First, press the “Stop” button until you hear a beep on your Canon printer, then release the “Start” button only after the alarm flashes or beeps at least 19 times.
- Your device will now be restored to its original state factory settings. You will need to uninstall your device’s drive from the computer network and reinstall using the latest drivers available.
Resetting a Canon Printer via Factory Default Settings:
If you have a canon printer and want a canon printer reset. You can follow the steps mentioned below on how to reset canon printer,
- Turn on the printing device, search for device settings from Menu using the arrows, press OK, select the “Reset” option, and press “OK” again to begin the device reset process.
- Now turn off the device, and then press the “Stop” button while turning the device. After this, release. “Stop” button, then press the “Pause” button again twice while you hold down the “Power” button, wait 30 seconds until you see “O” on the printer screen, and then press the “Stop” button. 4 times, then press the “Power” button two more times, then press it once more to turn off the device and complete the reset.
How to Reset a Canon Printer to Factory Default?
There may be times when you might need to troubleshoot your canon printer while using it, so it’s essential to reset the printer completely.
- Press setup on your canon device, then go to device settings via the arrow keys and press OK, then reset setting, then OK, then reset all option. Press OK.
- Then select yes so your device is reset.
Hope you can understand the different ways to reset your canon printers with the help of the above discussion.