There are several hill stations located in North India. But the one that is travelled the most by couples from across the country is Shimla. This place is well known for its snow clad hills, pleasant climate and lush greenery, thus inviting newly married couples to visit it throughout the year. During the visit, you can engage in a variety of interesting activities to suit your moods and preferences. Shimla is also popularly referred to as ‘Queen of Hills’. To derive optimum excitement, you need to plan your trip and find out wildflower hall shimla tariff for couples in advance.
Things to do for couples in Shimla
- Lakkar Bazar: This is the right place for shopaholics. Your better half will love to engage in shopping sessions during the evenings until you both feel tired. This bazaar transforms itself once the sun sets. Either side of the roads are lined with small and big shops offering quality woodwork artefacts and winter wears at affordable prices. You can buy gifts and souvenirs for your families back home. This bazaar is open from 11am to 9pm.
- Toy Train ride: The Kalka-Shimla train ride takes you through the beautiful green hills. This old railway line combined with the mesmerizing mountains does paint an amazing, tranquil picture that you will cherish for the rest of your life. From the train’s window, you can get to see the scenery around. You also get to enjoy the train moving on curved tracks similar to a snake. Tunnel Number 33 is located on this route considered to be among the country’s most haunted places to be for those brave at heart. Check train timings in advance and plan your ticket and itinerary accordingly.
- Tattapani Rafting: If you are an adventure enthusiast, then rafting at Tattapani is sure to provide you with that thrilling experience. This place is indeed a haven for adventure and located just 50 kilometres away from Shimla city. It is located on River Satluj banks and is visited by locals and tourists alike due to its lush green valleys, natural water springs along with rafting sessions. Your soul is sure to feel rejuvenated. You may also check out other adventure sports offered here and derive the pleasure.
- Open Air Ice Skating: The rink constructed here is considered to be Asia’s only open air that promotes skating. You and your spouse can learn skating here or simply show off your existing skills. But this sport can be enjoyed only during winters as it snows. Thousands come here to have that wonderful ice skating experience, something not offered elsewhere in the country, especially in open air. A special technique that the British had imparted to the Garhwali highlanders is used to form the ice. Low temperatures during winter season do not allow it to melt while the thickly surrounding forest hillside provides adequate shading. It is open from December to March between 8-11am and 5-8pm.
- Jakhu Temple: This temple is located at a height of 2,455m above sea level. Jakhu Hill on which the temple is situated is considered to be Shimla’s highest peak. You will enjoy trekking for 2.5 kilometres to reach the temple constructed at the top of the hill.
- Chadwick Waterfall: This tranquil waterfall is located amidst Glen forest and is located just kilometres away from the city. It is indeed an ideal place to begin your local sightseeing trip. This place is known to combine a serene environment and aesthetic beauty. Moreover, visiting early in the morning will allow you to catch sunrise from this fall that is indeed a mesmerizing experience. To reach the waterfall, you need to trek a bit that can be in itself an extremely enthralling and peaceful experience.
- IIAT (Indian Institute of Advanced Studies): This building was constructed by the British and had served back then as their summer retreat. Later on, it got converted into an institute, where there is taught advanced studies in humanities & arts. Its surroundings are filled with grand architectural beauty, thus making it being counted among the top tourist attractions to visit during the trip. You can capture some photos that will serve as a reminder of your visit. It is open from 8am to 6pm.
- Pine forests: If you love to be among nature, then you can short hikes and move across the pine forests. A few trails here lead to the Summer Hill, Glen, Kamna Devi temple and Prospect Hill. The romantic weather and beauty of these nature walks is what make them popular activities for all couples.
- Scandal Point: This flat platform is located on Ridge Road and provides amazing views of the surrounding lush valley and snow-capped mountains. It is also a great place for nature lovers and photographers. You can capture here both sunrise & sunset.
- Military Museum: This army museum located at Annandale provides you with knowledge of different types of ammunition and arms used back then. It also exhibits vital documents of India such as the 1971 Pakistan War, uniforms and guns used during this war. You are sure to feel patriotic. There is no entry fee charged here. The museum is open between 10am and 5pm.
- River Rafting: The clear waters of the streams and rivers are quite inviting to adventure enthusiasts. You can engage in river rafting & other water sports conducted in the free-flowing rivers here. The popular rafting session is held between Chabba and Tattapani, stretching about 12 kilometres in length, taking about two hours to complete. This activity is offered to all able tourists between 9am to 5pm.
- Camping: You can also plan to spend the night out in nature with your camping activity. It does offer you an amazing experience. There are several trekking expeditions conducted here for all types of trekkers. Also are present fabulous spots to set up camps, allowing you spending quality time amidst the open woods.
Getting to know the wildflower hall shimla tariff for couples will allow you to book a room based on your requirements and budget.