Credit cards are steadily becoming one of the most favoured financial tools in India.
As a society, we are making slow but sure strides towards a truly cashless economy.
This change has also translated to various other developments. Are now becoming more streamlined and quicker. Issuers have also started offering various kinds of benefits. For example, the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard not only offers great annual savings but is also among the best credit cards for fuel.
The paradigm shift in the credit card application process was brought about by digitising one integral part of the process. Establishing the credibility of the customer with the help of Credit Scores. Using complex algorithms in tandem with the open bank account details, outstanding loans and EMIs, repayment history, etc., Credit Scores help issuers in establishing the creditworthiness of the applicant.
Additionally, after the applicants apply for their credit cards online, they can easily keep a track of credit card application status to monitor the progress and to ensure no speed bumps in your credit card’s journey to your wallet.
All banks have their process to credit card application status, most of it is loosely based on the same steps. If you want to check your application status online.
You can follow the following procedure:
- Step #1: Type your ban’s official website in the search bar of your browser.
- Step #2: Use your login credentials to log into your account, if necessary.
- Step #3: After logging in, look for the button that says ‘Track Application Status’ or something along those lines.
- Step #4: This will take you to a webpage where you asked to submit a few details relating to your application. These details can include your application or reference number, your mobile number and/or email ID, details of your PAN and Aadhar card, etc.
- Step#5: Next, click on ‘Search’ or ‘Track’.
- Step #6: You will also be able to track the shipment with your credit card. Simply use the airway bill number provided alongside your credit card application status.
Many people choose to check their credit card application status online but if you don’t have access to the internet, or if you prefer to take the offline route for any reason whatsoever, you can do that too.
You can also visit your bank branch personally to check your credit card application status. All you need to do is have the following details readily available:
- Reference number of your application.
- Your mobile number (used for application)
- PAN card.
- Aadhar card.
Let’s take a look at some of the most Frequently Asked Questions about credit card application status enquiry:
Credit card application is rejected
Yes. On the off chance that your credit card application is rejected. You will be informed by your bank by way of SMS or email. Several banks now also use business accounts on online messengers like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp to communicate with their customers. So, you are likely to hear from your bank on one of these apps too.
Credit card application is rejected by the issuer
You can reapply for a credit card if application gets rejected by the issuer. The first place and take the necessary steps to rectify your application before you apply again.
While you wait for your prized credit card to reach you, you can keep a track of its whereabouts from the comfort of your home!