1. How to file ITR – the process to e-filing Income Tax Return online
2. A step by step process on how to file ITR Online
3. Didn’t Register or file your Income Tax Returns? Here’s What You Can Do
- Basic documents expected for ITR of an Individual
- ITR Documents Needed by First-Time Filers.
How to file ITR – the process to e-filing Income Tax Return online
The method to electronically register and file Income Tax Returns (ITR) by utilising or working on the internet is called e-filing. The method to e-file ITR is fast, simple, and can be performed from the comfort of an individual’s home or office. E-filing ITR can also assist in saving money as you would not have to choose an individual to register or file ITR.
A step by step process on how to file ITR Online
Step 1: Visit the e-filing website of Income Tax Filing in India.
On the e-filing homepage, you find many options to select from. You must prefer the appropriate option.
Step 2: File or Login to e-file your returns
In case you have enrolled yourself on the portal, choose ‘Login Here’.
In case you have not enrolled yourself on the portal, choose ‘Register Yourself’.
Step 3: Choose the User Type
In order to enrol yourself with the Income Tax Department, you will have to initially prefer your ‘User Type’. The choices possible to you include Individual, External Agency, Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), Tax Deductor and Collector, Chartered Accountants, other than Individual or HUF, and Third Party Software Utility Developer.
Next, you will have to enter your permanent address and your current address before entering the captcha code and click ‘Submit’.
Step 4: Basic features and details must be filled up
You will then have to choose in your personal information such as your name, your PAN and your (DOB) date of birth. You can then apply PAN as your user ID whenever you log in to the e-filing portal. You will also have to register your contact information such as your email ID and mobile number.
Step 5: Confirmation of PAN
Your PAN will then be checked by the system and your business or transaction ID as well as contact details will be presented on the screen.
Step 6: Activation of Account
Finally, you will have to initiate your Income Tax Department account through the link forwarded to your email ID.
Didn’t Register or file your Income Tax Returns? Here’s What You Can Do
In case you do not file your income tax return filing online, you will have to give a reply on the e-filing portal. Here are the steps to do it:
- Log in to the e-filing website on income tax India filing.
- Agree on the ‘Compliance’ tab and you will get two choices, viz. ‘View and submit my compliance’ and ‘View my submission’. The first choice will present the data for the evaluation or assessment years when the return was not registered as per the reports of the Income Tax (IT) department or if the department requires third party details.
- You can then choose one of the choices on-screen, viz. ‘the return has been filed’, or ‘the return has not been registered or filed’.
- If you choose ‘the return has not been filed’, you will receive the following benefits, viz versa ‘no taxable income’, ‘return under preparation’, ‘business has been closed’, and ‘others’. Choose the appropriate option and hit on ‘Submit’.
Basic documents expected for ITR of an Individual
In case you are registering or filing the ITR as an individual, you will need to have the resulting documents in hand:
● Aadhaar card number
● PAN card number
● Bank account particulars and IFSC code
● Form 16, 26AS and 16A, Self-assessment or Advance Tax payment challan
ITR Documents Needed by First-Time Filers
In case you are registering your returns for the very first time, you will need only a handful of documents, such as:
● Form 16
● Form 26AS
● Documents declaring income from other origins
● Features of tax-saving investments Information of any added deductions
Other basic documents.